728x90 AdSpace

­

Latest News

Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Canon EOS 5D MARK III Hack- RAW video

Canon EOS 5D Mark III Magic Lantern Hack: RAW Video


Magic Lantern vs H264 ISO Shootout. from MIDAS MANAGEMENT on Vimeo.

An ISO test comparing Canons H264 compression vs Magic Lantern's 14 Bit RAW hack.
Workflow 
• First I converted the RAW files with ML's raw2dng.
• Next I dragged the files into Photoshop which opened up Adobe Camera Raw.
• I selected the first image and used the auto white balance setting which got rid of the heavy magenta tone.
• Then I synchronized the additional files, and exported them as 16bit tiff files.
• First I tried to use QuickTime 7 to create an image sequence, but it render the video with incorrect color.
• So instead of QT I ended up using Final Cut Pro X to create an image sequence to a ProRes 422 HQ output.
Canon 70-200 2.8L IS II @ 200mm
Technicolor Cinestyle
Music - Soundgiant


Canon 5dmk3 @ F8
Shot/Rendered/Edited: dustintolman.com
no image
  • Blogger Comments
  • Facebook Comments

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Top