728x90 AdSpace

­

Latest News

Monday, March 24, 2014

Film Your Hunt- by Josh Keiter


"It wasn’t long ago that I started developing an interest in filming my hunts and started laying down footage from my own adventures. I guess you could say that outdoor television and hunting DVDs sold me on the fact that…’I can buy a camera and do that myself’! It all started, for me, with just a simple video camera mounted on my bow. I had a blast recording squirrels, birds, deer and other forest dwellers in their natural habitat and undisturbed state. It wasn’t professional, high quality footage with great audio, but it was mine. These were my adventures on film and I could do anything with them or show them toSmall HD camera on Bow mount anyone I wanted. Taking that footage back home and watching it on my computer or TV was and still is a blast. I didn’t have to harvest something that day to be excited about reviewing the footage. Just being able to enjoy the outdoors and then play it back to enjoy it again is something I love to do and something I enjoy sharing with my kids. I began playing around with the footage and editing it with some simple software to show my friends and family and I even got up enough nerve to upload some of those videos to YouTube. It was just another fun and interesting way to share my adventures. Simply learning and experimenting with filming my hunts landed me the opportunity to meet our producer, Mike Price, and eventually join the team here at SVO. My arsenal of camera gear for filming my own hunts has grown from one small HD camera mounted on my bow to a ‘prosumer’ style camera running off of a camera arm or tripod and a couple of second presence POV (point of view) cameras. I told my wife that I was buying these cameras not only for hunting, but for family events and to help ‘saver the memories as our children grew’. (Pretty slick huh?) Now most of our ‘family’ cameras are wrapped in camo and have multiple adapters for tree arms, fluid heads, tripods and other filming platforms. Heck, some of my older tripods have even been painted or taped to help me stay concealed while using them in the field. LOL....
Read more here: http://svoutdoors.com/index.php/keiter-s-blog 
no image
  • Title : Film Your Hunt- by Josh Keiter
  • Posted by :
  • Date : 8:53 AM
  • Labels :
  • Blogger Comments
  • Facebook Comments

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Top